Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) Course – Initial
Date(s) - 10/21/23
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
CARRY CONCEALED WEAPON (CCW) COURSE
EIGHT (8) HOURS OF STATE REQUIRED INITIAL TRAINING
VERY IMPORTANT! Please, note that this is an eight (8) hour class. This number of hours will satisfy Stanislaus County, Merced County, and numerous other jurisdictions. Check with your issuing agency to make sure that this will work for them. This is the students requirement to confirm that this class will work for them prior to signing up for the class.
VERY IMPORTANT! – ALL students will need to qualify with all the firearms they intend to have on their permit. For this we will need all four things from each firearm; Make, Model, Caliber, and Serial Number. You will need to fill out that information when you sign up for the class.
One-Day Class – 8 Hours
6 Hours Classroom (8:00 am to 12:00 pm)
Sierra Arms, Corp. (1408 North Carpenter Road, Suite 1, Modesto, CA 95351)
2 Hours Range (1:00 pm to 5:00 am)
Turlock Sportsman’s Club (13949 Carpenter Road, Crows Landing Road, Crows Landing, CA 95313)
Based on California being a “May Issue” state when it comes to concealed carry of a handgun, no one should be guaranteeing you that after taking their class you will get a CCW permit. Trident Firearms Academy, LLC’s class meets, and in our opinion exceeds, the state requirements insuring you are well educated in the law and in use of deadly force justification and techniques to keep you safe. At Trident we provide you a student workbook with the material covered and we go the extra mile to give you carry techniques, suggestions to obtain a permit, and real-world close quarters conflict training that a CCW permit holder may face in a fight. In our class we will cover:
- The Law as to Where you May and May Not Carry Armed
- The Three-Pronged Ability, Opportunity, and Jeopardy necessary to use deadly force
- Secure Storage of your Handgun with Children in the Home
- Situational Awareness because Avoiding the Fight is Better than Being in One.
- Not a LEO, No Duty to Act
- Self-Protection Only
- Personal Protection v. Property Protection
- Carry Methods and Equipment Recommendations
- Use of Challenge Commands
- Basic Combative techniques when up close, because Action beats Reaction
- Liability Issues and Concerns
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a learn how to shoot class. There will be very little time on the range for anything other than the qualification. Please, know your weapon system prior to enrolling in this class.
8 Hour Course (8a – 5p)
Classroom Training will be performed in Modesto at Sierra Arms, Corp (1401 N. Carpenter Road, Modesto, CA) and the Live Fire Training will be done at a Safe and Secure Facility nearby (13949 Carpenter Road, Crows Landing Road, Crows Landing, CA 95313).
$150.00 Tuition per Student
Equipment you NEED:
- 50 Rounds (per handgun that you want to qualify with) of handgun ammunition to qualify with
- Two magazines or, for revolvers, two speed loaders/speed strips
- Eye and Ear protection (eye protection should be full wrap around style)
- NO open toe shoes, sandals, etc.
- Long pants (NO SHORTS)
Equipment we RECOMMEND:
- A ball cap or similar type cap with a brim is very strongly required
- Good footwear that offers ankle support is recommended
- Cargo style pants (5.11 type or military BDU with the bellows pockets to hold additional rounds is always useful
- A lawn chair may help during the breaks
- Dress for the weather conditions, including sunscreen
- An open mind and a willingness to learn!
We look forward to seeing you all there!
8 Seats Available
Bookings are closed for this class.