First Shooter Fundamentals
Date(s) - 02/05/22
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Livingston Police Department - Shooting Range
Introduction to Basic Firearms
One-Day Class – 6 Hours – 9am to 4pm (with one hour for lunch)
Livingston Police Department Shooting Range (1675 Bird Street, Livingston, CA 95334)
This course is designed for the new shooter or someone with limited exposure and training with handguns. This class is appropriate for ages 13 and up, based on the child’s maturity. Children under age 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent and the parent must be present throughout the entire course. The topics to be discussed and trained are:
- Introduction to the Handgun; Safety, Nomenclature, Care, Cleaning, and Maintenance of the Semi-Automatic Pistol or Revolver
- The Four Core Safety Rules and How They Apply to You
- Introduction to the Seven Fundamentals of Shooting; Grip, Stance, Sight Alignment, Sight Picture, Trigger Control, Breathing, and Follow Through
- Loading and Unloading the Handgun
This instruction is designed to go slow, ensure the shooter is well grounded in the fundamentals, exhibits the highest level of safety, respect for the firearm, and to have FUN.
This class will be capped a ratio of one instructor to every five students to ensure plenty of attention and hands on training by the students. We at Trident Firearms Academy want you to be comfortable and safe with your first formal firearms training. We will not push students to perform at a pace that is not safe, or they are not comfortable with. Shooting Should Be Fun! We will utilize bullseye targets for teaching the fundamentals and a gaming target or two for a non-competitive fun shoot, time permitting.
$100.00 Tuition per Student
Equipment you NEED:
- A semi-automatic handgun, or a revolver
- 100 Rounds of handgun ammunition (We may not use it all; however, it is better to have and not need, then to need and not have)
- Two magazines for semi-automatic handguns, speed-loaders, or speed-strips would be helpful for revolvers, if you have them
- Eye and Ear protection (Can be provided by Trident Firearms if you do not have your own)
- Eye protection should be full wrap around style
- NO open toe shoes, sandals, etc.
- Long pants (NO SHORTS)
Equipment we RECOMMEND:
- A ball cap or similar type cap with a brim is very strongly required
- Good footwear that offers ankle support is recommended
- A lawn chair may help during your breaks
- Dress for the weather conditions, including sunscreen
- WATER, please bring ample amounts of drinkable water
- An open mind and a willingness to learn!
We look forward to seeing you all there!
8 Seats Available
Bookings are closed for this class.