Date(s) - 07/25/20 - 07/26/20
CARRY CONCEALED WEAPON (CCW) COURSE
STATE REQUIRED INITIAL TRAINING
VERY IMPORTANT! – ALL students will need to qualify with all of the firearms they intend to have on their permit. For this we will need all four things from each firearm; Make, Model, Caliber, and Serial Number. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH A LINK THAT YOU HAVE TO FILL OUT. PLEASE, WATCH FOR THAT EMAIL.
Two-Day Class – 16 Hours
8 Hours Classroom (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
Sierra Arms, Corp. (1408 North Carpenter Road, Suite 1, Modesto, CA 95351)
8 Hours Range (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
Livingston Police Department Shooting Range (1675 Bird Street, Livingston, CA 95334)
Based on California being a “May Issue” state when it comes to concealed carry of a handgun, no one should be guaranteeing you that after taking their class you will get a CCW permit. Trident Firearms Academy, LLC’s class meets, and in our opinion exceeds, the state requirements insuring you are well educated in the law and in use of deadly force justification and techniques to keep you safe. At Trident we provide you a student workbook with the material covered and we go the extra mile to give you carry techniques, suggestions to obtain a permit, and real world close quarters conflict training that a CCW permit holder may actually face in a fight. In our class we will cover:
- The Law as to Where you May and May Not Carry Armed
- The Three Pronged Ability, Opportunity, and Jeopardy necessary to use deadly force
- Secure Storage of your Handgun with Children in the Home
- Situational Awareness because Avoiding the Fight is Better than Being in One.
- Not a LEO, No Duty to Act
- Self Protection Only
- Personal Protection v. Property Protection
- Carry Methods and Equipment Recommendations
- Use of Challenge Commands
- Basic Combative techniques when up close, because Action beats Reaction
- Liability Issues and Concerns
16 Hour Course (8a – 5p on Sat. and Sun)
Classroom Training will be performed in Modesto at Sierra Arms, Corp (1401 N. Carpenter Road, Modesto, CA) and the Live Fire Training will be done at a Safe and Secure Facility in Livingston, CA (Livingston Police Department Shooting Range, 1675 Bird Street, Livingston, CA).
$200.00 Tuition per Student
Equipment you NEED:
- 200 (+/-) Rounds of handgun ammunition to qualify with
- A holster is required, we strongly recommend a concealable holster, if you have chosen one
- Two magazines or, for revolvers, two speed loaders/speed strips
- Eye and Ear protection (Can be provided by Trident Firearms if you do not have your own)
- Eye protection MUST be full wrap around style
- NO open toe shoes, sandals, etc.
- Long pants (NO SHORTS)
Equipment we RECOMMEND:
- We strongly recommend a concealable holster for your chosen handgun and a cover garment
- A ball cap or similar type cap with a brim is very strongly required
- Good footwear that offers ankle support is recommended
- Cargo style pants (5.11 type or military BDU with the bellows pockets to hold additional rounds is always useful
- A lawn chair may help during the breaks
- Dress for the weather conditions, including sunscreen
- An open mind and a willingness to learn!
We look forward to seeing you all there!
0 Seats Available
This class is fully booked.