Date(s) - 03/04/17
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
CCW READY (Recognize Engage And Defend Yourself)
CONGRATULATIONS! You have your CCW Permit. You now have the basics of handgun marksmanship, manipulation, and an understanding of the law. But what about real world problems? How do I recognize what is about to occur? How do I engage and what is an appropriate level of force for a given situation?
In our CCW READY course, we will go beyond the basics and put you in scenarios that make you think, analyze, choose correct options, and deal effectively with real world situations that can and do occur. We will teach new techniques and expand on your existing knowledge and skill sets in an informative and fun way, while building your confidence in winning a lethal force engagement.
Course Syllabus; The following techniques and skills will be trained;
- Layering Your Defenses. Emergency Impact Weapons (EIW’s)
- Deployment of Pepper Spray (inert, we won’t gas you)
- Running Threat Target
- Charging Target
- Use of Cover
- One on One gunfighting drill
- Car Jacking Threats / Working out of a Vehicle
- Challenge Commands and Communication
- One Handed Firing
- Disabled Shooter Drills
- Movement Forward and Reverse
Equipment Needs –
- Concealment holster and garment to conceal it
- Minimum of two magazines
- Eye and ear protection
- Long pants
- NO open top shoes or sandals
- 400 rounds of ammunition (cheapest FMJ works)
Recommended Equipment –
- A single or double magazine pouch
- Lawn chair
- Snacks and water
- Dress appropriately for weather conditions based on the time of the year the class is offered.
Trident Truths; Remember, as in all of our Citizen Classes, this is not Airborne Ranger, SEAL training, etc. Go at a pace that works for you as you develop new skills. If you get tired or don’t wish to partake in a drill, no problem. Have fun and learn is the benchmark for the day.
8 Seats Available
Bookings are closed for this class.