Date(s) - 03/15/15
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
One-Day Class – 8 Hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm – Livingston Police Department Shooting Range – 1675 Bird Stree
This class is appropriate for the beginner to intermediate shooter. Topics to be covered and trained on the firing range are –
- The seven (7) basic fundamentals of shooting; Grip, Stance, Sight Alignment, Sight Picture, Trigger Press, Breathing, and Follow Through.
- The four (4) count draw stroke from an exposed holster and concealment.
- Situational Awareness; because the best fight you can win is the one you saw about to occur and were able to avoid.
- Movement in the “Kill Zone”. Forward, Backward, Lateral, and Oblique. “Get off the X”!
- Emergency Slide Lock Reloads or Empty Cylinder Reloads, Tactical Reloads, Basic Loading and Unloading of Pistol or Revolver.
- Pivots and Turns.
- Malfunction Clearing. Keeping the Gun in the Fight!
- Challenge Commands.
- Combat Follow Through.
- Hitting the Target Offered, Target Selected Zone and Head Shots.
Numerous shooting schools teach “THEIR” techniques. At Trident Firearms Academy, LLC we believe in Supermarket Methodology. You pick and choose what works for you based on your environment. If you shoot the weaver stance, Isosceles, or some version in between, it doesn’t matter. One size fits all doesn’t work in clothing and doesn’t work in most other things either. If it’s not broken we will not try and fix it. We will show various techniques and try to tailor them to the individual student. Ultimately you decide what works best for you. We accomplish all of this in a methodical building block approach with lots of hands on practice and instruction.
$150.00 per Student
8-Hour Course (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- An open mind and a willingness to learn…
- No criminal convictions that would deny the student the ability to lawfully posses a firearm
Equipment you NEED:
- 250 (+/-) Rounds of handgun ammunition to qualify with
- A magazine carrier or two
- Eye and Ear protection (Can be provided by Trident Firearms if you do not have your own)
- Eye protection MUST be full wrap around style
- A ball cap or similar type cap with a brim is required
- NO open toe shoes, sandals, etc.
- Long pants (NO SHORTS)
Equipment we RECOMMEND:
- We strongly recommend a concealable holster for your chosen handgun and a cover garment
- Good footwear that offers ankle support is recommended
- Cargo style pants (5.11 type or military BDU with the bellows pockets to hold additional rounds is always useful
We look forward to seeing you all there!
10 Seats Available
Bookings are closed for this class.