Date(s) - 09/25/14
5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
California Shooting Sports
Low Light Handgun Defense
“Control the LIGHT, Control the FIGHT!”
Evening Class – 4 Hours (5:30 to 9:30 – California Shooting Sports – 2045 West Briggsmore Avenue, Modesto, CA 95350 – www.calshootsports.com)
70% of shootings occur in a low light environment, not total darkness, but at times when you may need to be using a flashlight in conjunction with your firearm to locate the threat. Do you know the proper safe techniques for fighting with a handgun and a lighting tool; either mounted on the firearm or in your hand?
How do you handle shadows? What about disorienting an assailant with a light? Or movement with a light, using a light from around or behind cover and making you a harder target?
Come and train with others in a safe environment and learn what you can do to protect yourself and your loved ones at your home or business.
Some of the topics to be covered:
- Low light fighting statistics and information
- What works and what doesn’t
- “Utility” lights v. “Fighting” lights
- Knowing how your eyes work in a low light environment to maximize your night vision
- Semi automatic and revolver flashlight techniques
- Slide lock reloads and tactical reloads with a flashlight
- Malfunction clearance with a flashlight
- Moving, scanning and searching with a weapons mounted light
- Target, threat and background considerations in low light
- Use of cover with a light
- MUCH MORE!
This class will be held at California Shooting Sports (www.calshootsports.com)
4 Hours Course (5:30 to 9:30)
$100.00 per Student
By signing up for this class the prospective student is affirming their ability to legally own and/or posses a firearm
Equipment you NEED –
- Eye and Ear Protection (Can be provided by the range)
- Eye protection MUST be full wrap around style
- A ball cap or similar type cap with a brim is required
- NO open toe shoes, sandals, etc.
- Handgun (Semi automatic or revolver)
- Two magazines
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- Flashlight you normally have available (Many lights will be demonstrated and recommended)
- An open mind and a willingness to learn
10 Seats Available
Bookings are closed for this class.